Alec Soth

 



    Alec Soth is an American photographer. Above are two of his still-life photos. I picked these two photos of his because they both gave me strong vibes, and in life, I tend to follow the vibes that things give off. The best way to try to explain what I mean is it's like a feeling. When looking at something it gives off an aura or emotion. Like when I look at the picture on the left I feel an older and darker vibe. It kind of feels like anger, despair, and mischief. The lighting and what looks like bars on the outside of the window gives off the feeling of despair or sorrow. The knife gives off the feeling of anger. And the book gives off the feeling of mischief. The picture on the right gives off a sad yet a fatherly and loving aura. It looks like a father reading a story to his child which gives off the fatherly vibe. The fact that someone took the time to lay these dolls here so carefully and that the dolls were kept in such good shape gives off the feeling of love. And I get the feeling of sadness because of the doll's faces and because of the fact that these dolls look like they have not been played with. I tried to explain the best I could the vibes I get from these photos but vibes aren’t something you can really describe they are just something you feel, and you can’t really understand it completely unless you feel it too. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas