Bruce Gilden

 




Bruce Gilden is a street photographer who is known for his direct approach to taking people's pictures. He uses a flash to shoot pictures of the people he passes by on the street. The subject has no warning before he snaps a picture and moves on. While I don’t like portrait photography I like his approach to it. The emotions and expressions on the subjects' faces are real and raw because they do not have time to pose for the photo. I like the range of different emotions he is able to capture in his photos as well. From surprise to anger to joy and everything in between. It is hard to capture such raw emotion in staged photos. I also like how in his images the background is blurred because it draws your attention right to the subject of the images. I also like that he doesn’t know what the image will look like till after he shoots it. I really enjoyed looking at Gilden’s photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas