Arnold Newman


 












    Arnold Newman was born on March 3, 1918 in New York City, and died on June 6, 2006, in New York City. He was 88 years old when he died. Arnold Newman was known as the “Father of Environmental Portraiture.”, and he was one of the great masters of the 20th and 21st century. He was also known for his still life and abstract photography.

          I am not a big fan of portrait photography because I don’t think people have the same raw beauty as the environment. We trust photos to tell us a story and while the environment can never lie in a photo, people almost always lie in their photos. Portrait photography is all about posing/staging the person and the things around them and I don’t like that. I also tend not to like people so I personally don’t like to photograph them. However, Arnold Newman’s work as a portrait photographer brings the abstract and nature into the picture which makes his work nicer. He is not my favorite photographer, however, out of all the portrait photographer’s I have seen he is my favorite.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas