Steve McCurry

    Steve McCurry is a traveling photographer. He has traveled through all seven continents taking unforgettable pictures. He photographs conflicts, cultures, and traditions within a culture. McCurry has been awarded several awards throughout his life. McCurry has even risked his life for photos. He was smuggled into Afghanistan just as the Russian invasion started to close off the country to journalists. The only way he was able to get his film out was by sewing it into his clothes. He is a very dedicated photographer. 
    I’m not a big fan of portrait photography but I still admire Steve McCurry’s dedication and love for his work. I can also respect how memorable his images are. I remember learning about the photo on the top when I was in 8th grade. I did not remember the photographer's name or the story behind the image but I do remember the image. McCurry helps to open people’s eyes to what is happening in the world around them. When people see pictures of war and conflict they can be shocked, saddened, or sickened. However, people tend to push those images out of their minds to protect themselves from the brutality. So when you are able to humanize an image like McCurry does people are more likely to look and remember those images. I myself would never become a portrait photographer or go running into conflict zones, but the world needs photographers like Steve McCurry.

https://www.stevemccurry.com/bio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas