Inspiration for my photo essay


    For my inspiration, I chose Tom Chambers. Chambers was raised on an Amish farm and later went on to get his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design with an emphasis in photography. His primary focus is serialism photography. I chose Chambers as my inspiration because I like how he turned ordinary scenes into dreamlike images. The fact that he was able to take something that so many people have experienced before and turn it into something that no one ever thought of before is amazing. I wanted to do something similar. I photographed scenes and objects that everyone has access to, then I turned them into something that no one has thought of. I wanted my image to be dream-like while still having a semblance of reality. I also loved the color he has in his images so I tried to incorporate an array of colors in my images as well. My images are nowhere near as flawless as his but I like that because I feel it gives them a more surreal feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas