Surrealism

 


I had no real reason or inspiration for my image. I had a really nice summer with my family and we went out a lot, so I wanted to kind of try and include all the different times we went out into one image. When it comes to my work I really only like doing shoots of my family, of nature, or abstract art. In the past when I did surrealist work my work tended to be a lot more abstract and I wanted to try and make something that was more realistic. I wanted to try something new and I also wanted to try something a little harder. When working on this I had to make sure that the exposures matched well, that the water and shadows lined up, and that everything was well blended so it didn’t look fake. I think I could have blended my siblings in better but I didn’t want to make them look blurry or transparent. The boy is my brother Josh, the blond girl is my sister Gabby, and the other girl is my sister Jacklynn, they are all younger than me. I surprisingly had a lot of fun photographing them. My brother turned out really photogenic which was nice, and my youngest sister was easy to boss around and get her to do what I wanted. That is why they are in it the most. My other sister doesn’t like to be photographed that is why I only had one of her, I had to bribe her with tacos. I had initially gone out to just take these pictures for another project, but I really liked them, and I had a lot of fun. As I think about it more I want the reason that I made this image to be that it made me really happy and hope that it always will.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas