Self Portrait

 


    Above is a self-portrait of me. While this image does not show my face it does represent part of who I am. I am a photographer. While I may not be a professional or known for any of my work I am at heart a photographer. I see the world around me as images waiting to happen. I am always looking for what would make a great photo, and when I don't have my camera I capture the image with my mind and carry it with me so that maybe next time I will be able to capture the moment. And I love the process of creating an image, whether in analog or digital. An image is but a moment frozen in time forever, and it can never be touched by time again. However, when you edit the image it is like you are reaching back in time to alter the landscape to your will. It gives you a sense of power and control that we don't always get in our lives, and it can be intoxicating. Once I started photographing my world I found I could never put my camera down again. And I will never see the world in the same way. So this image above of me holding a camera is just as much a self-portrait and a self-representation as any other self-portrait. I originally had just made this image for a class assignment but I find that it defines me more and more every day. Photography has changed me, and I hope that I never put my camera down, never see the world the way I used to, and never stop loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas