Tom Chambers

    Tom Chambers is an American photographer. He was raised in Pennsylvania. He uses a digital camera for his work and edits his images in Photoshop. He works on photomontages. This is where several images are combined into a single image. Before he starts an image, he draws the concept for it first. He then photographs each piece of the constructed image. He later pieces them together in Photoshop. He must make sure that the lighting in each shot is similar enough so that the finished image looks as natural as possible. This process can take a month or more to do. Lastly, he prints his images on cotton rag paper with archival pigment inks.

    I really like his image titled “Roses and Gown” in his Rite of Passage series. I like this image in this series because it looks creepy, and it does not look like this was a photomontage. This is a very well-constructed image. If I had to guess I think there were probably three images used to make this one image. The background is the tree line and the water. The image of the dress and the roses were probably taken separately and then blended into the background. The way he shot the dress makes me think it was taken with it under water and the roses look like they were floating in the water. At first, I didn’t even know this was a photomontage. I love how the colors are so vibrant and I think the red of the roses on the yellow of the dress was a great choice because they contrast very well. I also like the amount of detail he was able to capture in his image. You can see the petals in each rose, the ruffles of the dress, and the ripples in the water. I also like that the lines at the bottom of the dress line up with the ripples in the water. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Heiferman and My Inspiration

John Chervinsky

Ernst Haas